Tuesday, February 11, 2014

CAPTION THIS: When Divine Met Delicious

"I greatly appreciate this gesture, Signor della Vecchia, but I really would have preferred white chocolate!"
(Full story here. Picture c/o: Vatican Radio English)
Mon Dieu! The response to our last caption contest was so overwhelming, we couldn't pick just one winner. So, in the style of the Olympics (minus the exposed wires, contaminated water and confusing toilets), we present the bronze, silver and gold captions:

Bronze, Matthew Pecorino:
Hollande: "My mistress says 'hi.'"
Pope Francis: "Just shut up and smile."
Silver, (Tommy) Tsunami:
"Francois, you must learn of Christ. True youth and innocence comes from the Gospel, not from changing up for a newer model when the old one gets wrinkles."
Gold, Matthew Ogden:
Hollande: Je suis Marxiste, tendance Groucho.
Rough translation: I am a Marxist, of the Groucho tendency.
Bravo, gentlemen! You all scored well, despite low marks from the Russian judge. The rest of you, chin up; you have a shot at the gold next round by leaving your captions in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. "You my good sir are one fine chocolate man"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Well, Fat Tuesday is right around the corner..."
    but I digress; surely Pope Francis would be more like this:
    "What a clever likeness! In gratitude to the artist, I must melt it down and distribute the chocolate to the poor of Rome!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Ehhhh, it's OK. But it's no Cadbury Creme Egg."

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Man, you get the feeling that they really want me to have a daily reminder that to dust I shall return."

    ReplyDelete